Monday, December 04, 2006

Baked Breaded Acorn Squash (Page 578)

  • Date: Monday, November 27, 2006 -- 8pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Chris, Matty
  • Recipe Rating: B-
I picked this one for dinner last week because I love acorn squash! It was fine, but not as delicious as I might have hoped. I wanted the breadcrumbs to form a nice crispy coating on the squash, but they never quite crisped up. I had to cook the squash twice as long as indicated in the recipe to even get the breadcrumbs to turn golden. The squash tasted good (as squash pretty much always does!) but I prefer the traditional method of halving the acorn squash and roasting it while basting with butter and brown sugar.

I had a nice weekend. I got a lot of work done, saw some friends, had a really hard workout on Saturday (maybe a little too hard -- I am definitely having trouble walking today), went to the shelter, visited with Chris and his family, etc... I made some lamb stew yesterday, which didn't turn out well, but it was still nice to do some Sunday afternoon slow cooking.

And this morning when I walked outside, it was snowing! Ok, truth be told I would probably call it "winter mix" rather than "snow," but there were some white flakes falling from the sky. It has already melted away completely, but it was fun while it lasted. I'm sure we have plenty of snow (and winter mix) headed our way in the next few months! I can't believe it is December already and I am heading home for the holidays in just a couple weeks! This semester just flew by...

No comments: