Thursday, December 14, 2006

Double Chocolate-Walnut Biscotti (Page 685)

  • Date: Saturday, December 9, 2006 -- 6pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Ana, Haynes, and Matty
  • Recipe Rating: A-
I started baking some Christmas gifts this past weekend. Biscotti make excellent Christmas presents because in addition to tasting good they are pretty, easy to package, and they keep a long time. These biscotti were good. They were pleasantly chocolate-y, without being totally dominated by the chocolate. I wasn't sure how chocolate chips would work in biscotti, but the little pockets of chocolate proved to be a nice addition. The biscotti were appropriately crunchy and delicious dipped in milk. I made enough to give to two friends and it took serious willpower to not eat them myself instead! It's not the best biscotti recipe I have found, but they were still very tasty.

It's almost 9pm and I am sitting in the common room in the department. Up until this semester I never spent much time in the department at night. I'm not sure why not -- I worked at night in previous years too, but I just always did it at home or at 1369. The department is peaceful at night though, and there is a sense of comaraderie between the few people who are around. Tonight I am here waiting for Matt. We are going to the gym to work on my pull-up after his office hours, which end in a few minutes. It's nearly impossible to work in the common room during the day because there are so many distractions, but at night it is a nice place to work. You can get stuff done but at the same time there are a few people milling around to keep you company. Tonight the common room has the further benefit that there is a ton of food in here left over from the colloqium. Speaking of, I may have a little snack before we head over to the gym...

2 comments:

ana rita said...

mine are almost gone. more than twelve hours left to head to the airport, and only two biscotti left...

Teena said...

I am confident that you can take care of 2 biscotti in 12 hours!