Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Golden Potato Wedges (Page 568)


  • Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 -- 9:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chefs: Matt and Glen
  • Dining Companions: Jessie, Ronen, Ana, and Matty
  • Recipe Rating: B-
I picked this recipe for dinner last Wednesday because I love roasted potatoes. These potatoes weren't so good though. Despite being cooked longer than indicated in the recipe, they didn't brown evenly. The crispy parts were good, but many of the potatoes never crisped. It would have been much better to just leave the peels on, cut up the potatoes and roast them in generous amounts of olive oil, salt, and pepper. It's easy to make roasted potatoes taste delicious, and this recipe just didn't do it.

Greetings from the O'hare bus and shuttle center. I successfully made it back to the midwest and now I am just waiting for my bus to Madison. The last few days have been crazy (hence the lack of blog entries). I managed to get most of the things done that I needed to before leaving Boston, and I had a good three hour meeting with Lars yesterday, so now I am feeling nice and calm. That may also be due to the fact that the airplane portion of this trip is now over. This was the first time I have flown since I was on that plane that had mechanical problems and turned back, so I wasn't super excited about it. It was totally fine though, and now I am safely on the ground.

I am looking forward to this bus ride. It is, of course, possible to fly to Madison, but you can't fly direct from Boston and I hate the small planes that fly from Chicago to Madison. Plus, I really love the bus ride. I find riding on the bus to be so relaxing, especially at night. I have always loved riding in cars and buses. One of my favorite things about the midwest is that you can just drive and drive and drive and never be bothered with traffic. It's quite pleasant.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Seriously, I think you are the only person who actually enjoys riding the van galder! What a lovely upbeat attitude - I will try that next time instead of the feeling of absolute dread that I experience whenever I know I have to ride that darn bus.

Teena said...

I love the van galder!!!