Saturday, December 09, 2006

Zucchini Frittata (Page 632)

  • Date: Tuesday, December 5, 2006 -- 8:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Matty
  • Dining Companions: Andrew, Matt, and Ana
  • Recipe Rating: B-
This recipe was on the list I made with the random number generator. It was ok, but not great. My main complaint (and the main complaint of many others at dinner) was that it was way too salty. There was salt added both to the zucchini and to the eggs. That plus the salt from the feta and the parmesan just made it too salty. The texture was nice though -- it was appropriately fluffy. Aside from the salt issues, I enjoyed eating it, but it wasn't nearly as good as the tomato, garlic, and potato frittata that Marco and I made from The Book a few months ago.

My first year at MIT I formed two goals for graduate school. Goal number one: get a PhD. Goal number two: do a pull-up. The PhD is coming along fine, but I haven't made much progress on the pull-up. I am running out of time though. So Matt and I made a deal. He's convinced that with his help I can learn to do the pull-up. So he's going to be my trainer, and in return I am going to pack his lunches. It seems like a mutually beneficial agreement! Matt is out of town this weekend though, and usually Saturday is a work-out day in our routine. So yesterday he wrote me a long workout (with diagrams and everything) and left it for me to do today. When he was explaining everything to me yesterday, he even told me when I was allowed to get water during my workout. (I definitely ignored such details and just drank water whenever I wanted to -- don't tell Matt though!). I used to work out with Mike and at the time I thought he was pretty hard on me. This summer I worked out with Marco, who pushed me even more. But Matt is way less lenient than either of them! After only a couple weeks of Matt's workouts I am already making definite progress though, so I can't complain! I may do this pull-up yet!

No comments: