Thursday, December 21, 2006

Chocolate Tart (Page 788)

  • Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 -- 10:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Matt, Matty, Ana, Jessie, Ronen, and Glen
  • Recipe Rating: B+
I chose this recipe for dessert for our last Wednesday dinner of the semester because Ana is always requesting chocolate, so I figured we should make one of the most chocolate-y recipes in The Book! It was pretty good. The tart was beautiful, both before and after it was cut. The chocolate was intense -- very dark and rich. Some people enjoyed that while others thought it wasn't sweet enough. Someone commented that it tasted like we had just melted a chocolate bar and poured it over a cookie crust. I agree that the chocolate flavor was intense, but the additional ingredients in the filling gave it a fantastic texture! It was perfectly creamy and smooth. I enjoyed the crust, but several people didn't like how crumbly it was. They would have preferred a more traditional cookie crust that is baked. I agree that baking the crust a few minutes would have been an improvement. Overall though, it was a nice dessert. Framed by an otherwise mediocre meal, it seemed quite good!

So it looks like I will be defending my thesis 4 weeks earlier than I thought. My defense got moved from April 30th to April 2nd. I think the new date will be ok. Having the extra 4 weeks might have been nice but the new date has the advantage that it is just a couple days after the Talbot conference, which means that perhaps I can convince some of my good friends who will be in town to stick around for my defense... It would be so fun to have Andre, Chris, Mike, and Vigleik at my defense!! It would be just like old times!

I anticipate that the next few months are going to involve many, many hours in front of the computer, typing away... While I am home these next couple of weeks I am doing my medication increases and sending away my computer to be repaired so by the time I go to California at the beginning of January I will be back in thesis-writing mode!

No comments: