Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Creole Seasoning (Page 326)

  • Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 -- 9:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Matt
  • Dining Companions: Matty, Ronen, Ana, Glen, and Jessie
  • Recipe Rating: B+
This recipe went with the barbequed shrimp that we had for dinner last Wednesday. There should, theoretically, be a picture here of the seasoning, but there's not. We had a little communication problem in the kitchen on Wednesday which resulted in all 1 1/3 cups of seasoning getting added to the sauce for the shrimp, rather than the 2 tablespoons of seasoning that was supposed to get added. In other words, the sauce had more than 10 times as much seasoning as it was supposed to! And there was no seasoning left to take a picture of! In order to grade the seasoning, we all just graded the flavor of the sauce, since it didn't taste like much other than the seasoning after we added so much! Most of us agreed that it was pretty good -- it definitely had a creole flavor to it. It would have been better of course, in a slightly smaller quantity!

I am in Madison now, settling in to the apartment. My parents split time between Madison and South Carolina, with my mother spending most of her time here and my father spending most of his time in South Carolina. They have a house in the south, but up here they rent an apartment. They moved apartments since I was last in Madison (in February) so today I came "home" to a place that I had never been before. It's nice though. It definitely has certain advantages over the old apartment -- for instance 2 bedrooms instead of 1. It's weird to go home and visit your family and be in an unfamiliar place. I have finally gotten accustomed to the house in South Carolina (where I have never lived) and I had just gotten used to my mother's old apartment in Madison. Now it is time to readjust. My family moved quite a bit when I was growing up. I think we lived in 7 or 8 different houses. I always hated the transitions. I have always enjoyed being in familiar spaces, and it takes me a bit of time to warm up to a new space. I can't complain though -- having my own bedroom here is awesome! I used to have to sleep in the family room at the old apartment. At least until Spencer gets here on Friday, I have a room of my own!

2 comments:

ana rita said...

oops

Teena said...

It wasn't your fault! I should have been paying attention!