Sunday, December 10, 2006

Flank Steak with Chimichurri (Page 429)

  • Date: Tuesday, December 5, 2006 -- 8:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chefs: Matt and Andrew
  • Dining Companions: Ana and Matty
  • Recipe Rating: A
We had planned to make veal for dinner on Tuesday, but Whole Foods was out of veal cutlets, so we made this steak instead because I happened to remember the ingredients for it while we were at the grocery store. This recipe was extremely good. The chimichurri was strongly flavored but delicious on the meat. The broiled steak was cooked very nicely. It was a quick and delicious entree that everyone enjoyed.

I had such a nice weekend. Aaron sings with the Boston Choral Ensemble and on Friday night I went to hear their Christmas concert. Yesterday I did some of my favorite Saturday activities: cleaned my apartment, worked out, made stew, did some math, etc... Today I went to Rosie's in the morning and to work in the afternoon. I had a very productive afternoon at work -- I sat in the same chair for 3 hours without moving from it and I got a lot done! Then Tony, Ana, and I went in to Boston to see the Christmas lights on Commonwealth Ave. We went for a nice long walk down Comm Ave, and through the Public Garden and the Boston Common. It was a beautiful night for a walk and Boston is really pretty at Christmas time! We got hot beverages and had a really pleasant little field trip.

2 comments:

ana rita said...

and... I got a delicious xmas present :)

none of my pictures turned out very good. I'll just have to remember the lights.

Teena said...

Yeah my pictures didn't come out that well either! :(