Thursday, January 05, 2006

Arrabbiata Sauce (Page 208)

  • Date: Thursday, January 5, 2006 - 8pm
  • Location: Palo Alto, CA
  • Kitchen: Chris' apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Christopher Lee Douglas
  • Dining Companions: Emilee and Brian
  • Recipe Rating: A-

An extensive series of coin flips choice this recipe. Arrabbiata is one of my favorites, and something that I make often, so I was excited to try this version. The sauce was flavorful and properly spicy. For a nicer presentation, I topped the individual plates of pasta with basil chiffonade rather than stirring the basil in. This recipe was simple, fast, and extremely tasty!

My college roommate (and closest friend!) Emilee and her husband Brian came to dinner tonight, and I can't say enough about how wonderful it is to spend time with people I love so much and see so infrequently. Having lived with Emilee for so many years in college, it is quite possible that I have eaten more meals with her than with anyone else outside my family. It is a huge blessing for me, as I can't think of anyone I would rather eat with! Needless to say, it was fantastic seeing them, and enjoying a meal together. We drank Brian's homebrew with our pasta, which was far better suited for the occasion than any wine would have been!

No comments: