Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Chicken Divan (Page 358)

  • Date: Wednesday, January 4, 2006 - 6:30pm
  • Location: Palo Alto, CA
  • Kitchen: Chris' apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Chris
  • Recipe Rating: B+

My random number generator (in this case: Chris) chose page 358 for my first recipe of the project. This casserole style chicken dish (essentially chicken and broccoli in a whipped cream and sherry enriched veloute) was easy to prepare and quite tasty. The dish is a little heavy for my taste, but that is strictly a matter of personal preference. The recipe as written produced an entree that had extremely good flavor and an appetizing appearance.

Being in the kitchen with Chris again reminded me of one of the things I miss most about my good friend who lives 3000 miles away: cooking together. When we lived together we cooked almost every day. And despite various fires and kitchen injuries, I have very fond memories of our times together in the kitchen. I am looking forward to this month in California, and having a chance to cook with Chris again (also a chance to stock his new kitchen: the man has no food!).

No comments: