Thursday, January 26, 2006

Peanut Sesame Noodles (Page 243)

  • Date: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 9:30pm
  • Location: Palo Alto, CA
  • Kitchen: Chris' Apartment
  • Dining Companion: Chris
  • Recipe Rating: B+

Mike picked the page number for this one. This dish is very good. I have a different noodles in peanut sauce recipe that I like slightly better, but I still very much enjoyed this dish. The sauce is easy to make and has good flavor and spice. For a simple dinner dish, this is hard to beat.

One nice side effect of this project is that Chris' freezer is slowly becoming filled with many, many frozen meals. A lot of these dishes make enough to serve at least 6 or 8 people, so we have had tons of leftovers! I am a huge fan of leftovers... It seems like a small thing, but it's such a nice treat in the middle of the work day to have something yummy and homemade in my lunch. Now, Chris will have some food (besides Hamburger Helper!) to eat even after I go back to Boston! There is bread, chili, soup, casserole, and 3 kinds of cookies in his freezer.

After my run tonight I walked to the grocery store to get the makings of dinner. On my way back to Chris' place it started to rain. The rain was cold, but I was still hot and sweaty from my run. I love the way rain looks on pavement at night, with the street lights reflecting off of it. I had such a beautiful and refreshing walk.

No comments: