Sunday, January 08, 2006

Turkey Chipotle Chili (Page 388)

  • Date: Sunday, January 8th, 2006 - 10pm
  • Location: Palo Alto, CA
  • Kitchen: Chris' Apartment
  • Dining Companion: Chris
  • Recipe Rating: B+

An online random number generator chose this recipe. I'm not a huge chili fan, but this I really liked. It is a green chili, lighter than the traditional beef chili. It's appropriately spicy, and goes quite well with a light Mexican beer! I always enjoy cooking with new ingredients, and I have to admit that I had never worked with tomatillos before. Overall a solid recipe, and a good alternative to the more common red, beefy chilis.

Spencer went back to San Diego this evening, and Chris was out while I was cooking, so I had the apartment to myself. After my run I broke out a beer, turned up the music, and started cooking. While I was cooking, I kept thinking about Match Point, which we saw this afternoon. It was quite good but movies like that, where all the romatic relationships are deeply based on lies and misconceptions, make me feel like never dating again! On the other hand, I did meet a great guy recently. A few weeks before leaving Boston I met someone who really got to me. He is remarkable in a whole myriad of ways -- I won't gush, but I'd like to (gushing is highly underrated I think). It's moot -- by the time I get back he will be away for several months. But nonetheless, I find it comforting to know that there are still guys out there who can shake me.

I share the following anecdote exclusively for Mike (who will get great pleasure from it!): Two nights ago, I woke up in the middle of the night and needed to use the bathroom. On my way back to bed, I turned where I shouldn't have and walked face first in to a wall. Unfortunately, I hit the wall with the electrical box on it so my face hit the metal. Sadly, no one was awake to witness this, but I now have a lovely cut across the bridge of my nose that everyone here can appreciate!

1 comment:

Mike Hill said...

Oh my gosh, Teena! I hope you are OK. That's terrible that you hurt yourself running into a wall...