Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Brown Sugar-Ginger Crisps (Page 665)

  • Date: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 -9pm
  • Location: Palo Alto, CA
  • Kitchen: Chris' Apartment
  • Dining Companion: Chris
  • Recipe Rating: B-

Cotton picked the page number for this one (actually he picked page 666 but this recipe overflows onto that page). These cookies are very gingery -- the batter is flavored with ground ginger and then studded with chopped crystallized ginger. I made mine slightly larger than the recipe calls for, mainly because I didn't feel like baking them in the 7 batches indicated in the recipe. The net result of this was that my cookies came out crispy around the edges, but still a little chewy in the center, which is a nice textural contrast. I wouldn't make these cookies again, but they aren't bad. If you have a ginger-lover in your life, they might be perfect.

I spoke today in the Stanford Topology Progress Seminar. I have given many math talks, but this was the first time I was talking about my thesis research, so I was a little nervous. I think it went pretty well though. People seemed relatively interested and they asked a lot of questions. Emilee came -- only a really good non-mathematician friend would be willing to sit through such a talk! I don't know if she really learned much about RO(S^1)-graded TR, but I was glad she was there!

This evening I am just relaxing! Chris and I went to Compadres for some pork enchiladas, and now I am baking cookies and drinking a very small bottle of Corona (I sent Chris to buy beer yesterday -- he came back with Corona in 7 ounce bottles. Who knew they even made such a thing?!?).

No comments: