Friday, January 06, 2006

Grilled Gorgonzola, Pear, and Watercress Sandwiches (Page 185)

  • Date: Friday, January 6th, 2006 - 11pm
  • Location: Palo Alto, CA
  • Kitchen: Chris' apartment
  • Onlookers/Hecklers: Chris and Spencer
  • Recipe Rating: B-

Chris chose a number, which landed us on this page. I made just one open-faced sandwich rather than four, as my company for the evening wasn't interested! The recipe was incredibly easy (start to finish 10 minutes, tops!), and the sandwich was pretty tasty. It wasn't anything amazing, but it made a good late-night snack.

My brother Spencer flew up from San Diego this morning to visit for the weekend. Surprisingly, he supported Chris in his opposition to these sandwiches. I offered to make him one at least three times today. After three polite declines, when I finally made my sandwich tonight, he asked only if he could eat the pear I didn't use! Some people!

No comments: