Monday, January 23, 2006

Creamy Parmesan Polenta (Page 265)

  • Date: Monday, January 23, 2006 - 9:30pm
  • Location: Palo Alto, CA
  • Kitchen: Chris' Apartment
  • Dining Companion: Chris Douglas
  • Recipe Rating: B+
Emilee randomly picked the page number for this one. Em also made me dinner tonight (mmm... beef barley soup!) but I made this for Chris to eat (yes, he is spoiled). As advertised, it is both creamy and cheesy. The texture is extremely nice: very thick and creamy. The flavor is also quite good. Chris ate it by itself, but it would be a nice side dish alongside a variety of meat entrees.

Emilee, Alison, and I made valentines tonight. I got a little carried away with the glitter. Despite having taken a shower and a bath since then I still have glitter stuck to various parts of my body! I feel a little bad for the people who will receive my valentines, as they too will become covered with pink glitter! I think I ate a few too many of those Necco conversation hearts while I was cutting, gluing, glittering, and embossing my valentines -- I am feeling a little sugar-saturated now.

So this morning I discovered that when I counted the recipes in the book I skipped a whole section (yeah, I know, good job!). There are actually 17 more recipes bringing the grand total to 1293. It's a little daunting. It's more daunting still because some of those recipes are for things like a wedding cake. Seriously, who is going to let me make their wedding cake from a recipe I have never tried before?!?! On the other hand, this is the 25th recipe I have completed, which is not a bad start!

1 comment:

Mike Hill said...

Provided it doesn't have lemon, I'd be willing to let you make my wedding cake! You are the best cake baker (caker?) I've ever met!!