Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Cheddar Pecan Crackers (Page 29)

  • Date: Monday, July 16, 2007 -- 7pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: Matty's Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Matty and Mike
  • Recipe Rating: B+


I chose these crackers because I had all the ingredients for them in the pantry. They were pretty good. Mike and Matt both insisted they were not crackers (over and over again: "You made cookies!"). They may have had a cookie look about them, but they were definitely not sweet. These crackers were cheesy, crunchy, and spicy. Perhaps a little too spicy. The cayenne overwhelmed the flavor of the cheddar a bit. Other than that they tasted quite good. The pecans and cheese were in nice proportion. They were a touch too buttery/greasy for my taste, but I still enjoyed eating a handful of them. These crackers would be a nice snack at a big holiday-type party.

This recipe does not appear online.

Well at long last I am almost caught up on my blogging. There is only one recipe that I have made but not blogged about yet! On the one hand, it is good to be caught up. But on the other hand, that means I have to do some serious cooking in the next week and a half so I have something to blog about while I am away in Norway! The rest of this summer is going to be a bit crazy. Starting Saturday I am house-sitting for Richard and Anita for a week, which will be awesome, but it means I won't be around Cambridge as much. A week from Saturday I leave for Norway to attend a conference for a week. A few days after I get back I move all my stuff to Indiana, only to fly back two days later to go to Maine for a week. I then fly back to Indiana, arriving in Bloomington the day before I start teaching. I am trying not to let it all stress me out, but I am starting to get a litte tense...

3 comments:

ana rita said...

oh :(

so I don't get to cook with you?
(I arrive wednesday night)

I was washing dishes after lunch today and thinking that I do kind of miss doing dishes after your cookings. There are always such strange things to wash... And nowhere else do I wash so many measuring cups so many times!

Mike Hill said...

They really did look like peanut butter cookies. They didn't taste anything like cookies, though. I thought these very tasty, and a really fun snack. And though Teena might have had some, dare I say, legit complaints, I can't help but remember that we ate a huge portion just sitting around chatting.

Teena said...

We will cook again before I leave! Trust me Ana, I miss having you washing the dishes too. You are faster than anyone else!