Thursday, July 12, 2007

Cheese Omelet (Page 631)

  • Date: Sunday, July 1, 2007 -- 12pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: Matty's Apartment
  • Dining Companion: Matty
  • Recipe Rating: A-


I made this recipe as part of my mission to cook more from the Breakfast and Brunch section this summer. It was delicious. As I was making this I thought, "Does there really need to be a recipe for a cheese omelet in The Book?" Making omelets is pretty simple, and this one has very few ingredients. I have to say though, this recipe makes a lovely omelet, so I think it deserves to be included. One minor comment: the recipe could have called for slightly less butter and slightly more cheese. It wasn't quite as cheesy and gooey as I would have liked inside. The recipe called for a lot of butter, and while it contributed a lot of flavor, it left the omelet a little greasy. Less butter would have been better. If you don't make a lot of omelets and are looking for very specific directions for making a good one, give this recipe a try.

There is no recipe for this one online.

For the first time in a long time I am less than two weeks behind on my blogging! Whoo hoo! My friends have been complaining a lot that they aren't getting quoted as much in my blog as they used to be. This is not (as Mike might suggest) because I am ignoring other people's food commentary, but rather just because I forget exactly what people said between the time we eat the food and I write it up. Now I am trying to close the gap a little. Obviously one way to close the gap would be to stop cooking, but I am not sure that's such a good idea! So I will have to blog faster! I am currently only 10 recipes behind, which isn't too bad. It's important to always be a few recipes behind, because then if I am traveling, or too lazy to cook, I still have something to blog about!

No comments: