Monday, July 23, 2007

Fried Eggs and Asparagus with Parmesan (Page 638)

  • Friday, July 13, 2007 -- 11am
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: Matty's Apartment
  • Dining Companion: Matty
  • Recipe Rating: A-


I made this recipe as part of my ongoing effort to cook from the Breakfast and Brunch section of The Book. This dish was quite good. The asparagus was perfectly cooked, and went wonderfully with the fried eggs and parmesan. The simple boiled vegetables complemented the richness of the eggs and cheese quite well. It made a very satisfying brunch, but would also work well for dinner. I didn't have the individual gratin dishes that were called for, so I just baked it in one big oven-proof dish and that worked perfectly well. I would definitely recommend this one for a simple and delicious egg dish.

Here is the recipe.

My Wisconsin weekend has come to a close. It was fun being back home, but a little too busy to be very relaxing. The purpose of the visit was a graduation party that my parents threw me on Saturday. They invited a lot of their friends who I had never met, or didn't remember. One guy refused to give me my graduation card until I could identify who he was. It was a little awkward because I had no idea. After several hints I was still not able to remember his name, but I did come up with the only other time in my life that I had met him. Apparently that sufficed.

A bunch of people also came that I do know. I hadn't really asked my parents who exactly they invited, so I was delighted to see my fourth grade teacher, for instance, who I hadn't seen in years! It was fun to catch up with a lot of people that I hadn't seen in quite some time. Vigleik and Shihchi even drove up from Chicago to come to the party and hang out for the evening! All in all, it was quite a good time. I can't remember the last time I hosted a party with a keg. I guess that's what happens when my parents are in charge of the food and beverages!

No comments: