Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Hot Garlic Dressing (Page 172)

  • Date: Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 7:30pm
  • Location: Southborough, MA
  • Kitchen: Richard and Anita's House
  • Fellow Chef: Chris
  • Dining Companions: Richard, Anita, and Michael
  • Recipe Rating: B-
Chris and I intended to make a mache salad with dinner on Saturday, but Whole Foods had no mache. So, I just threw together a salad and made this dressing to go with it because Richard and Anita had all the ingredients for it in their pantry. This dressing was just dull. It wasn't bad, but there wasn't much flavor to it. The garlic didn't come through as much as I expected it would. Using this dressing was essentially equivalent to pouring some mildly garlicky oil over your salad. It wasn't offensive in any way, it just wasn't particularly inspiring.

Some signs that I have been travelling too much this summer:

1. I have completely given up on packing and unpacking my toiletries. I finally just bought an extra of everything so I can leave my bag permanently packed.

2. The unpredictable Boston weather is starting to seem fun again -- like a crazy uncle that you haven't seen in a few years! Sixty degrees and rainy in August? Sure, why not!

3. I woke up at 4:30am last night, looked around my bedroom, and had no idea where I was. Nothing looked familiar. It took me at least a minute to realize that I was at home in my own bed!

But, now I don't have another trip planned until the middle of November! That means I have three months to enjoy being home.

No comments: