Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Seared Salmon with Balsamic Glaze (Page 290)

  • Date: Friday, July 28, 2006 - 8pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Mike, Marco, Vigleik, and Shihchi
  • Recipe Rating: A-

Marco suggested fish for dinner on Friday so Mike and I picked this recipe. It was great. The salmon was very nicely cooked and the balsamic glaze had a great flavor. The only change I would make if I made it again would be to reduce the glaze even more -- I thought it could have been a bit thicker. It was a great dish though, and a real crowd-pleaser. As I recall, everyone really liked it!

I have been really tired lately. I slept through my alarm this morning and didn't wake up until 8:30am. Then this afternoon I almost couldn't resist the temptation to take a nap in my office! I managed to stay awake though, if only because there were still several things on my to do list that I needed to get done before I left work. I don't know why I am so tired! A few days ago I was laying on my back on the sofa in my office, reading Ausoni and Rognes' K of K paper, and I fell asleep (this should not be taken as a comment on the paper!). I had been holding the paper up to read it and when I fell asleep my arms fell and hit me in the face. It was pretty special! Tomorrow night I plan to be extremely lazy, and go to bed extremely early. Whatever sleep debt I built up this summer is starting to take its toll!

Today is Soren's birthday. Happy Birthday! And congratulations to Francesca who turned in her thesis today!

No comments: