Friday, August 18, 2006

Roast Chicken with Pan Gravy (Page 354)

  • Date: Monday, August 14, 2006 - 8pm
  • Location: Palo Alto, CA
  • Kitchen: Emilee and Brian's Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Emilee
  • Dining Companion: Brian
  • Recipe Rating: A-

Emilee and I picked this one for dinner on Monday. I had made the roast chicken part of this recipe many times before but since I had never made the gravy, I needed to make the recipe again for the project. As always, this roast chicken was quite good. The method of turning it from one side to the other every 20 minutes seemed a little finicky, but it was worth it. The skin came out wonderfully crispy and the meat was moist and delicious. For some reason, Brian really didn't like this dish very much, but Emilee and I were both extremely happy with it. My only complaint: the gravy was too salty. Between the salt from the chicken broth and the salt from seasoning the chicken, there was too much in the gravy. Other than that, this dish was excellent!

So my most recent crush (the aforementioned one from Germany) emailed me a couple days ago suggesting that I date a friend of mine. Now granted the friend he was referring to is actually gay, but still, it doesn't seem like a good sign when someone you are interested in is trying to set you up with someone else! I guess it is time to officially give up on my hopeless crush. And since I also gave up a while ago on my other hopeless crush of the past year, this leaves me crushless!

Probably it's a good time to be without any romance on the horizon -- I can get a lot of work done!

Something about this post reminds me of a dinner I had with Marco months ago where I was trying to ask his advice about some complex social situation that I was entangled in while retaining the anonymity of the parties involved. It got too complicated to keep referring to people without their names. Finally I had to draw a diagram and make up code names for everyone. Maybe my blog needs code names...

No comments: